Copywriter Pete Michaels of Rock and Roll Copy fame is back for a second guest appearance—exactly 100 episodes after his first visit to our studio. A lot has changed in Pete’s business since we last talked, so we asked him about:
• what’s happened since we last talked
• why he moved from London to Berlin
• Pete’s questioning process for making the decision to move
• how moving away from your comfort zone leads to progress
• the role expectations play in what we do (and do well)
• how working with a mentor shines a light on his processes
• how Pete pulls his personality into his work and what that looks like
• the importance of professionalism—why it matters
• why (and how) he’s having more fun these days
• the “real” role a copywriter should play in their clients’ businesses
• his “selling unique” process and what it involves
• the spiritual journey that Pete has been on for the past 2 years
• Pete’s take on the future of copywriting
Worth a listen? Then click the play button below, or download the episode to your podcast player. Or if you prefer to read, scroll down for a full transcript.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:Jason Leister
Company of One
A book Pete didn’t mention but wanted to
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Intro: Content (for now)
Transcript coming soon…
Like what you've seen so far?
There's plenty more where that came from. Sign up for The Copywriter Club email newsletter today and we'll send you the unpublished Doberman Dan interview (plus several other awesome resources) in addition to regular updates about what's going on in the club.The only way to get these resources is to drop your email in the box and hit "gimme!".