Copywriter Keli Chevalier was the final speaker at TCCIRL19 and she brought down the house with her chant about booty call brands (get the videos to see what we’re talking about). Now she’s our guest for the 128th episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast. We had hoped to get this out last week before the event, so you could have a taste of what she was going to speak about, but it works as a follow up too. Here’s what we covered:
• how she unknowingly started writing copy while selling weapons for the Army
• what she did as an Army Major (she was a pretty big deal)
• how she developed her writing process—the BOMB method—while under fire in Iraq
• the “Sitcom Principles” that apply to sales pages and kick starter campaigns
• why she likes to work with frameworks and the impact on her business
• her thoughts on leadership and how it applies to copywriting
• what she did to attract her first clients and get traction
• what else she knows beyond copywriting
• how to rock a conference (even before you get there)
• what she’s done to uplevel her business over the past few years
• the people she has on her team—there are a few you might not expect
• the process she stole from the Army to get everyone on the same page
• the thing she’s done that has had the biggest impact on her business
• how harsh feedback changed her approach to everything she does
We also talked about the imposter complex and her big goal for the coming year (it’s a good one). Click the play button below, or scroll down for a full transcript. Or if you prefer, download this episode to your favorite podcast app.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
Text: “LaunchMe” to 39492
TCCIRL 2020 Videos (link coming soon)
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Intro: Content (for now)
On it’s way….
Like what you've seen so far?
There's plenty more where that came from. Sign up for The Copywriter Club email newsletter today and we'll send you the unpublished Doberman Dan interview (plus several other awesome resources) in addition to regular updates about what's going on in the club.The only way to get these resources is to drop your email in the box and hit "gimme!".