On the 362nd episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast, Alex Thompson takes the mic to chat all things LinkedIn. Alex is a website and email copywriter who gains the majority of his clients on LinkedIn by creating parody content. You’ll walk away from this episode with tangible steps you can use to create a LinkedIn strategy that works for you.
Tune into the episode to discover:
- How Alex went from teacher to farm worker to copywriter.
- Why it’s okay to leave a profession you thought was your end all be all.
- Alex’s discovery of The Copywriter Club Podcast, and how it helped him grow his business.
- How he uses LinkedIn as his primary source to find clients.
- The significance of curating the right kind of LinkedIn feed for your mental state.
- How to embrace the “sucky” beginnings of anything new.
- Why every copywriter needs to acquire this trait.
- Offers you can service and skill stack to gain clients.
- What most copywriters get wrong when they start their business.
- His marketing strategy on LinkedIn and how you can make it your own.
- Why you need to be ridiculously yourself on any platform you choose.
- What’s in a successful LinkedIn profile?
- What new and seasoned copywriters need to keep in mind.
- Not finding clients on LinkedIn? This could be why.
- Where you need to spend more time on LinkedIn.
- How to effectively close sales calls (and with ease).
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show: