Angie Federico joins The Copywriter Club Podcast for its 283rd episode. Angie is a direct response copywriter who’s been in both the freelance and agency world of marketing. Her ability to craft open-worthy pitches and close sales calls are just a few qualities that make her a great copywriter and marketer. If you need a pick-me-up when it comes to your skills in selling yourself, tune into the episode.
Here’s how the conversation goes:
- How Angie went from selling life insurance to her start in affiliate marketing.
- The difference between selling online vs in person.
- How copywriting became the key to virtual selling.
- Can you gain clients on Reddit?
- The key to being great at sales and how to improve your own skills.
- What even is affiliate marketing?
- The beginnings of getting good at copywriting… for free.
- Creating a referral system that sustains itself.
- How to write a sales pitch that gets read and responded to.
- Figuring out who you want to pitch and helping your prospect solve a problem.
- The difference between the acquisition and retention side of a funnel.
- Why you need to send bad pitches and get rejected.
- How to pitch with intent.
- Sales calls – how do you get your prospect to grab their credit card on the call?
- The benefits of getting upfront payments from your potential clients.
- The step by step breakdown of Angie’s sales call process.
- How to set expectations right off the bat with new clients and community effectively.
- Agency life vs freelance life. What’s it all about?
- How to manage your energy and keep yourself balanced while working in an agency.
- Kicking imposter syndrome and anxious feelings to the curb, so you can step into your confidence.
Hit the play button or read the transcript below.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
The Copywriter Club In Real Life Event
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Connect with Angie