Jason Pickar makes his second appearance on the 282nd episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast. Jason talks how the last few years have changed and his route to becoming a VP Creative Director. If you’re wondering what it would be like to work in an agency or need advice from a pro, be sure to check out the episode.
Here’s what we cover:
- The changes in the agency space for both copywriters and creative directors.
- What’s involved in being the creative director for an agency.
- Teams that make-up an agency and the pace of working for one.
- The process of getting copy written, edited, cleared, and ready to go live.
- How to write for fans of a brand.
- The difference between various generations’ style of writing and crafting copy based on different perspectives.
- How quick service restaurants are pushing the app experience through a loyalty program and celeb advertisement.
- The psychology that brings people back into the app.
- The key to balancing brand voice and direct response language.
- How to create a narrative of friendship in your writing style.
- Jason’s biggest wins with Mcdonald’s rewards and the use of the app.
- The best way to get the attention of a creative director and HR in an agency.
- What makes a copywriter stand out on the team?
- The benefits of working for and with an agency.
- The future of copywriting – where is it headed?
Hit the play button or read the transcript below.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
The Copywriter Club In Real Life Event
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Connect with Jenn