On the 311th episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast, Peta O’Brien-Day joins the show to discuss… Politics. But not in the way you’d imagine. Peta is a copywriter and messaging strategist who educates her audience on how to tread in delicate territory by leading with empathy in marketing their efforts.
Here’s how the conversation goes:
- Her background in social work and learning how to empathize with teenagers by building relationships. What’s the secret?
- Working in mentally challenging conditions and the toll it can take.
- Becoming a widow and transitioning into many different careers.
- Starting a blog about starting over and getting hired by parent-based companies.
- Beginning on Upwork and optimizing her profile to appear first in the search bar.
- How to communicate empathy with skeptical audiences as a business owner.
- Never say these two things when someone is grieving — take notes.
- How she upleveled her skills before cold pitching and landing a company who needed email copy.
- How she went from $500/mo to consistent $4-$5k months.
- The importance of being strategic about being more visible and how to do it.
- How she found what truly lit her and began attracting more ideal clients.
- Why she has a large ecosystem of where she acquires leads.
- Her framework for writing values and molding them into your message (clear as day!)
- What tools we can use when having difficult conversations.
- Why it’s important to keep our perspectives open.
Tune into the episode by hitting that play button or reading the transcript below.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
P7 Workshop – get more clients
The Copywriter Think Tank
Peta’s politics membership waitlist
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Free month of Brain.FM