On the 358th episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast, we’re covering all things law and your business. Taylor Tieman, Esq. joins the show to give copywriters actionable steps they can take to legally protect their business. Legal is an unavoidable part of running a business, and Taylor breaks it down in an approachable way.
Tune into the episode to find out:
- The pitfalls of not having a proper contract in place.
- The difference between owning your copy and the right to use it in your portfolio.
- Can you have 50/50 ownership of the copy you write?
- What is an intellectual property clause and how can you add it to your contract?
- What if you need to end the project abruptly?
- The specific clauses copywriters need to have in their contracts.
- When do you actually need to enforce the contract?
- LLC vs. S-Corp: Which one is right for your business?
- The 3 most important legal aspects to protect your business.
- Why you may need a trademark and the different levels of filing.
- AI and legal… A lawyer’s input.
- How to better protect your clients’ private info from AI.
- What about privacy policies and terms and conditions?
- How to be GDPR compliant.
- Is there a problem with using “re:” as a subject line
Hit play to listen to the episode below.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
The Accelerator waitlist
The Copywriter Think Tank
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Free month of Brain.FM
AI for Creative Entrepreneurs Podcast