Lauren Hermann is our guest on the 364th episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast. Lauren is a speech-language pathologist (SLP) turned copywriter who now owns and operates The Copy Clinicians, a small copywriting agency for the healthcare industry. Lauren’s journey from scrub life to “scribe” life has led to surprising results and a desire to teach other clinicians how to become copywriters in their niche.
Listen to the episode to find out:
- How writing a book on speech-language pathology introduced Lauren to the world of copywriting.
- The two pitch emails that almost landed her a forward by a renowned surgeon.
- Why we don’t always need a ‘yes’ to be successful.
- How to take rejection and thrive.
- What do people misunderstand about speech-language pathology?
- How SLPs and copywriters are similar and how Lauren merges the two worlds.
- The importance of looking at objective and subjective data.
- How she found her first set of clients on Upwork and through a Facebook post.
- Why she niched into writing for SLPs and how it’s helped her build her micro-agency.
- Can you pivot and still be relevant to your audience?
- The pros and cons of working as a copywriter and SLP.
- How The Think Tank has helped her business and improved her copywriting confidence.
- We don’t know what we don’t know – how can we build awareness around improving copy for our audience?
Hit the play button below to tune in.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
Join The Copywriter Underground
Join Lauren’s course waitlist
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
Free month of Brain.FM
AI for Creative Entrepreneurs Podcast