On the 365th episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast, Rob and Kira sit down with seasoned copywriter, John Bejakovic. With a background in IT, John made his way into copywriting and now has a daily email newsletter. This episode dives into the underlying principles that make copywriting effective and how copywriters can position themselves in an evolving industry.
Here’s how the conversation goes:
- Why do marketers gatekeep this book? All will be revealed – no gatekeeping here.
- How a 500-word blog post changed John’s career path.
- Why he decided to become a published author on Amazon.
- The importance of having an email list.
- When should you pivot your business?
- Why an email list is the fastest way to grow as a copywriter.
- Should you create a niche-specific newsletter? (plus how to decide which niche to focus on)
- John’s monetization strategy and how he’s grown his newsletter.
- How do magic, persuasion, and copywriting overlap and work together?
- What’s the push-and-pull technique?
- Why Jaws is the perfect example of teasing and how to use it in your emails.
- How to include anticipation for future emails.
- Don’t forget about proof – how it increases credibility.
- The effectiveness of transparent copywriting.
- The future of copywriting and the use of AI.
Tune into the episode below.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
Join The Copywriter Underground
Join John’s list
Derren Brown’s book Tricks of the Mind
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
Free month of Brain.FM
AI for Creative Entrepreneurs Podcast