Conversion copywriter, Lisa Pierson, joins us for the 125th episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast. We’ve known Lisa for a couple of years and have witnessed as she’s built a growing freelance business in a short time—creating demand for her copywriting and her presence on stage to talk about increasing conversions. This was a great conversation that covered:
• how Lisa went from journalism and PR to copywriter
• why she joined a mastermind when she wasn’t sure what a mastermind was
• how she landed her first clients
• how she managed to start a business in the middle of massive life changes
• why putting your self matters (and how it helps)
• when things started to “click” and how Lisa’s business has changed
• how joining Match.com and online dating led to her first speaking gig
• the impact that speaking has had on her business
• what else Lisa’s done to build her authority as a copywriter
• what it takes to be more competitive as a copywriter today
• what she’s done to make her retainer agreements work
• what it means to be a “conversion” copywriter—it’s all about process
• how she started “copy training” for companies
This is a good one. You know the drill. To hear it, click the play button below or download the episode to your podcast app. And, as always, you can scroll down for a full transcript.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
Lisa on YouTube
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Intro: Content (for now)
Full transcript coming soon…
Like what you've seen so far?
There's plenty more where that came from. Sign up for The Copywriter Club email newsletter today and we'll send you the unpublished Doberman Dan interview (plus several other awesome resources) in addition to regular updates about what's going on in the club.The only way to get these resources is to drop your email in the box and hit "gimme!".