Copywriter Doug Pew is our guest for the 133rd episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast. Kira and Rob talked to Doug about his transition from composer of melodies to composer of sales email sequences and a whole lot more. Although he’s only been at his copywriting business for about a year, he’s found traction by connecting with the right mentors and bringing his past experience into his approach towards marketing. We talked to Doug about:
• how he went from university professor to copywriter
• what Kira needs to do to become a music professor—it’s not easy
• the impact of losing the only job he ever wanted and the mindset adjustments he’s made
• the importance of mentors when you take on copywriting as a career
• how what he learned as a composer that apply to copywriting
• his MAESTRO framework for copywriting
• the importance of stories and what it takes to find them
• the challenges of getting started as a new copywriter
• why you should aspire to be in a category of one
• his favorite composer story and how it applies to what you’re doing today
If you want to know how to make your copy more musical, get this episode in your earbuds. To do that, click the play button below, or download it to your favorite podcast app. Or you can scroll down for a full transcript.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
Note: since we recorded this episode, Doug has changed his website from SymphoicCopywriting to RockStarCopywriting. Links have been updated but the audio file has not.
Presence by Amy Cuddy
Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port
Jeff Walker’s Product Launch Formula
Free chapters of doug’s book
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Intro: Content (for now)
Transcript and graphic coming soon…
Like what you've seen so far?
There's plenty more where that came from. Sign up for The Copywriter Club email newsletter today and we'll send you the unpublished Doberman Dan interview (plus several other awesome resources) in addition to regular updates about what's going on in the club.The only way to get these resources is to drop your email in the box and hit "gimme!".