Accountant and business consultant, Erik Solbakken, is the guest for episode 173 of The Copywriter Club Podcast. If you saw that Erik is an accountant and thought, “maybe I’ll skip this one” don’t. Because we didn’t really talk with Erik about the typical accounting stuff. Instead, Erik shared how he changed the pricing model for his service business and how copywriters can do the same thing. Now instead of trading time for money, a signifiant portion of Erik’s income is completely independent of the time he spends working with clients. Instead, he makes more when he creates more value. Kira and Rob asked Erik about:
• how he went from tax accountant to strategic consultant
• what he did to significantly change how he earns a living as an accountant
• the realization that how long a thing takes isn’t connected to its value
• the three lies business owners tell themselves about money
• a breakdown of why value can’t be attached to the time spent to create it
• why working with clients doesn’t have to suck
• the 4 step solution to solving any problem—and the most important step
• the 10-10-10 model for pricing coaching services
• why he insists his clients “never sell”
• the 3 Cs Erik covers on every sales call
• the mistakes that are all too easy to make when selling on value
• his total launch failures and the impact it had on his business
This is an episode you won’t want to miss. To hear it, click the play button below, or download the episode to your favorite podcast player. And if you’re rather read, you can scroll down for a full transcript and links to some of the people and things we talked about.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:Jeff Walker
Accountant Success Formula
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Transcript is underway…
Like what you've seen so far?
There's plenty more where that came from. Sign up for The Copywriter Club email newsletter today and we'll send you the unpublished Doberman Dan interview (plus several other awesome resources) in addition to regular updates about what's going on in the club.The only way to get these resources is to drop your email in the box and hit "gimme!".